Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm 16, and I like it!!!!!!

I was reading facebook today and saw a post that was posted by my niece about something her son Hunter said and it rushed me back in time to a time I will always remember and cherish in my mind. The year was 1974, and yes I was 16 and working on getting my license. The first memory is with my Dad. I was driving around Akron with Dad as a passenger, teaching me about drivers safety and the conversation went something like this:

Dad - Tommy, you need to slow down there is a stop sign up ahead.
Me - Dad that stop sign is around 500 yards ahead!
Dad - When you're driving you have to always plan ahead. I want you to turn left on East Market
Me - O.K.
Dad - Turn your blinker on!
Me - Dad! East Market street is about 500 yards ahead!
Dad - You always have to plan ahead when you're driving!
Me - (turned on the windshield wipers)
Dad - What the HELL did you turn on the wipers for???
Me - (yelling) IT'S SUPPOSED TO RAIN TOMORROW!!!!!!
Dad and I both laughed hysterically all the way home....

Then came the day that every boy waits for since he could ride a bike, Yep! I'm getting my license. Mom lets me drive to the BMV (before DMV), to get my prize. On the way, she says to me, Thomas don't embarrass me when we get there. When have I ever embarrassed you? She gives me those you've got to be kidding me eyes, and I just smirk. We walk into the BMV, and behind the counter is the hottest girl I have ever laid eyes on. Mom looks at me and says behave yourself...  the scene went like this:

Mom - My son is here to get his license!
Hottie - Age?
Me - 16
Hottie - Height?
Me - 6'1"
Hottie - Weight?
Me - 150 (I haven't always been Fat!)
Hottie - Eyes?
Me - TWO (Mom smacks me in the head, Hottie smiles) Blue I'm sorry
Hottie - Hair?
Me - Brown
Hottie - Sex? (looks up anticipating my response)
Me - SURE!!!!! Hottie Laughs Out Loud and Mom walks out while I scream "WHAT DID I SAY?"

These two experiences are the two I remember most vividly with my Parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment